Internship: Design Assistant
MAHLA is a fresh and innovative Copenhagen-based clothing brand, established in 2016. Our team is small, but we're passionate and we dare to dream big. We don't just talk about the importance of sustainability – we take action and want to be part of shaping the frames for the future of fashion.
We can offer you an exciting internship with lots of challenges in a supportive working environment. You will gain insights about operating in fashion industry as small independent brand, with focus in circular economy and sustainable development.
YOUR TASKS INCLUDE:
- Assisting with collection samples and fittings.
- Creating technical drawings in Illustrator, assisting with spec sheets and general production planning.
- Assisting in different events, fashion trade shows and photo shoots.
- Assisting in the daily, practical tasks in the design studio.
- You are either educated or studying fashion design or tailoring.
- You have natural interest for handcrafts, fashion and trends.
- You are familiar with using industrial sewing machines.
- You are interested in sustainable design and creative methods of product development.
- You are a team-player, but also able to work independently.
- You are detail-oriented and motivated by new challenges.
- You must be fluent in English (+ fluency in one or several Nordic or Germanic languages is considered as an advantage.)
The internship position is 15-30 hours weekly, for a minimum 2 months period. The position is suitable for being part of your studies. You will be working mainly at Mahla's studio in Nørrebro, Copenhagen, but remote-work might occur after agreement.
Please send your application and CV to info(a)mahlaclothing.com, with a subject “Internship - Design Assistant 2022”.
Your application may be in English or Danish.
Deadline for applications is 30th of May 2022. Start date preferably in May, June or after agreement.
We are committed to embrace diversity and encourage anyone to apply for the position, regardless of their ethnicity, religion, gender or expression, sexual orientation, disabilities or age.
We are looking forward to hear from you!